[R] Conjoint in R

James Reilly reilly at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 7 14:29:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

The conf.design package should help you handle the experimental design
side of your problem. Depending on your application, it may be unwise to
assume that main effects will be enough, as interactions can often turn
out to be important (at least in my experience with discrete conjoint).

Hope this helps,
James

On 7/06/2005 10:18 p.m., Cela, Jimmy (IHG) wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I am trying to apply a conjoint analysis in order to determine the best
> profile that captures the most preferred combination of levels of given
> categorical factors.
>
> For this a set of factors is given and initially a fractional factorial
> design has to be produced as a subset of all possible factor levels
> combinations, sufficient to estimate the main effects utilities.
>
> Then the preference for each chosen combination is assessed via surveys on
> subjects (clients). Preferences are given by ranking profiles ordinally.
>
> Conjoint analysis then is applied on the preference data to estimate the
> utility values - or the "part worth" for each factor level.
>
> SPSS 13.0 has a module called CONJOINT that handles such problem from
> designing the fractional factorial design to the conjoint analysis.
>
> What would be the best way to implement such analysis in R?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jimmy Cela
>
> Decision Sciences
> InterContinental Hotels Group Inc
> Atlanta, GA
> USA

James Reilly
Department of Statistics, University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand