[R] RE: GARCH (1 , 1), Hill estimator of alpha, Pareto estimator

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Jun 3 18:43:49 CEST 2005

	  First, I doubt if you need "library(stats)", because it is normally
automatically attached when R starts.  To confirm, request "search()".
When I just did this with R 2.1.0 patched, "package:stats"   was the
third item.

	  Second, if you've already produced qq-plots and histograms, then I
doubt if you need the "data(DAX_CAC)".  If you have not exited R since
you successfully imported the data, and you stored it as "DAX_CAC", it
should still be available.

	  Third, the message 'Error: couldn't find function "garch"' indicates
that no function by that name is in the current "search()" path.  The
command 'RSiteSearch("garch")' revealed that it was part of package
"tseries".  To be able to access that, you need to
'install.packages("tseries")', 'update.packages()', and then
'library(tseries)'.

	  This should get you past the error messages I see.

	  spencer graves