[R] plots from batchfile on windows

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 16:28:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

On windows I'd like to run a batchfile that leaves me a plot. As a
test I have the scriptfile "test.r" which only contains:

    x <- 1:10;
    y <- sample( 10 )
    plot( x, y )

Now I tried the following (but nothing worked):

a) "R --vanilla < test.r" in the cmd window, => that doesn't give me a plot
b) the same, but I added "bitmap(file="outplot.png")" in the
scriptfile => Here I get an error that gswin32c.exe was not found.
(Maybe I need to install ghostscript???)
c) some attempts with Rgui.exe => I didn't arrive to pass a command argument.

It would be nice, to get some hints, how this could be done. I did
search the newsgroup archive, but unfortunately didn't find something.

Thanks and best regards,
Hans-Peter