[R] odesolve/lsoda differences on Windows and Mac UPDATE

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at MUOhio.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:51:30 CEST 2005

To all:
After talking to Woody Setzer offline, I ran my "problem" scripts
again. I am embarrassed to say that it worked fine for all previously
intransigent parameter sets. I compared the results to those of my
Windows buddy, and they are essentially identical, with the average
absolute difference at each time point is 1.3e-06. I am planning to go
back and try to understand what went wrong before. I never used hmin
(mistakenly of course, instead of hmax) UNTIL a run with default lsoda
argument values failed. Now the default values work! Thus the mistaken
use of hmin isn't the entire answer.
Thank you for the time and interest, and I apologize for troubling you.
I will get back to the list if I can ever repeat the problem or if I
can figure out what I did wrong.

Best Regards,
Hank