[R] how to generate 00Index.html from Rd or html

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 18:55:29 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Jonathan Baron wrote:

> I'd like to generate 00Index.html for a bunch of libraries for my
> R search page.

I think you mean for a package, not a library, that is the file

/path/to/library/some_pky/html/00index.html

?

> I have now almost all the html help files for
> individual functions, even for packages that won't install on my
> computer (e.g., because they are specific to Windows).  I made
> these using Rdconv.  But that won't make the 00Index file, and
> neither will Rdindex, which makes a text file.  I'm probably
> missing something really simple, but I've looked for a while.

(Assuming Linux, which I am pretty sure is true for you.)

You need to use share/perl/build-help.pl --index.  Using --help should
tell you enough to get started.  That will in fact generate all the
per-package html files you need with other options.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk