[R] Fwd: Re: East Asian language

Pingping Zheng pingping.zheng at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 14:49:37 CEST 2005

I'm not sure what other applications use environment variable like "LANGUAGE".
I'm sorry I was so assertive. However, what I said is right in the sense that
environment variables are supposed to be used NOT by one specific application.
I happen to use lots of GnuWin32 and Cygwin applications such as lots of Unix
tools though I am not sure what will happen after setting system wise variable
"LANGUAGE".

It's a good idea to set "LANGUAGE" in .Renviron under current directory before
running R.

Thanks.

Pingping Zheng
Fylde College