[R] High resolution plots

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Jul 14 11:49:21 CEST 2005

Knut Krueger <admin at biostatistic.de> writes:

> Peter Dalgaard schrieb:
>
> >What is the real issue here? Import trouble? If you're importing to
> >Word/PowerPoint, why not use the Windows metafile? Perhaps they are
> >too ugly compared to EPS by your taste?
> >

> My reason was
> http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328541.html

Oh, lovely.....

> I tried to plot emf files with pagemaker (not even a cheep or
> freeware pprogramm) and the lyaout was corrupted. I tried to use eps
> files the text was corrupted and I do not know how to transfer the
> *.ps file to tiff.

Stupid question: You did remember to close the graphics device when
you generated those plots (dev.off())?

If an EPS file doesn't work with an Adobe product, there is some
reason to suspect that the file is corrupted or that there is an issue
with R's postscript driver. If you're seeing text corruption outside
the plot, then surely the E in EPS (for "encapsulated") is not working
as intended.

Did you try the pdf() driver? That usually comes out rather nicely in
connection with Acrobat/Distiller.

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B