[R] High resolution plots

Knut Krueger admin at biostatistic.de
Thu Jul 14 08:28:37 CEST 2005

Peter Dalgaard schrieb:

>What is the real issue here? Import trouble? If you're importing to
>Word/PowerPoint, why not use the Windows metafile? Perhaps they are
>too ugly compared to EPS by your taste?

My reason was
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328541.html

I tried to plot emf files with pagemaker (not even a cheep or freeware pprogramm) and the lyaout was corrupted.
I tried to use eps files the text was corrupted
and I do not know how to transfer the *.ps file to tiff.
Maybe there is any payware but if you have a layout application for more than 700 Euro you don´t like to by any further application only to change the *.ps format.
So I am looking for any solution to increase the resolution.
Maybe I do not understand the meanings of res, width and heigh or it is not working as expected (see answer from 12 Jul 2005)
I still hope that Porf. Brian D. Ripley will answer to this question even though I got him on his nerves with a wrong answer. :-(

with regards
Knut Krueger
http://www.biostatistic.de