[R] R on kubuntu

Henrik Andersson h.andersson at nioo.knaw.nl
Mon Jul 11 16:44:11 CEST 2005

However according to:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hoary/math/r-base

you will have to live with R version 2.0.1 until the next version of
Ubuntu is released. (If I understood the Ubuntu policy...)

Or is there some other repository providing more updated binaries for
Ubuntu 5.04?

Cheers, Henrik Andersson

Lefebure Tristan wrote:
> No problem at all.
> If you allow "universe" packages, many binary R packages are available (from
> the GNU/Linux Debian sid).
>

> On Monday 11 July 2005 11:54, Constant Depièreux wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I am planning to redeploy my workstation under KUBUNTU.
>>
>>Does any body has any r experience installing/using r on this platform?
>>
>>Best regards.

Henrik Andersson
Netherlands Institute of Ecology -
Centre for Estuarine and Marine Ecology