[R] package loading smooth.lf (LOCFIT), couldn't find function "smooth.lf"

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Jul 10 12:19:00 CEST 2005

Y Y wrote:

> After loading locfit, I am unable to access functions within locfit.
>
> following
> http://www.herine.net/locfit/start.html
>

>>library("locfit")
>>x <- 10*runif(100)
>>y <- 5*sin(x)+rnorm(100)
>>fit <- smooth.lf(x,y)
>
> Error: couldn't find function "smooth.lf"

So it is time to ask the maintainers of the package and the cited URL
(CCing both) to update at least one of them (package or
http://www.herine.net/locfit/start.html)

While the web page states the last update is "(December 16, 2004
version)", the version on CRAN is locfit_1.1-9.tar.gz dated 14-Sep-2004.

Uwe Ligges