[R] svd error

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Jan 27 19:23:30 CET 2005

Dear Prof. Ripley:

      With library(MASS), I got the following in R 2.0.1 under Windows
2000:

     [,1] [,2]
[1,]    1    3
[2,]    2   NA
 > ginv(X)
Error in svd(X) : infinite or missing values in x

      This may not relate to Tongtong Wu's problem, but it used "ginv"
in library(MASS) as you suggested and did produce the cited error message.

      spencer graves