[R] Installing R on Xandros 3.0

Mohamed Abdolell m.abdolell at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 14 05:33:33 CET 2005

Hi Tom,

[1] go to http://packages.debian.org/testing/math/ and download r-base and other
essential packages to your computer
[2] install packages using Xandros Networks; from the pull-down menu select
File-->Install DEB file...
[3] once you have a functional R 2.0.1 working install the rest of the packages
you want directly from within R using install.packages (see help for this); this
is best since all the dependencies are sorted out automatically

HTH.

- Mohamed