[R] R-etiquette

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jan 9 19:50:09 CET 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 04:26:05PM +0000, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> Prof Brian Ripley <ripley <at> stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> : See the citation() function, which works for packages too and a few
> : authors have taken advantage of the means of customizing it.
[...]
> Could someone point out a few packages that have a CITATION file
> to use as examples.  In a search I did I only found one.

Looking at the (small) subset of CRAN I maintain as Debian packages:

edd at chibud:~/src/debian/CRAN> ls */inst/CITATION
lmtest-0.9.9/inst/CITATION  strucchange-1.2.7/inst/CITATION

Looking at the (much larger and almost complete) set going into Quantian:

edd at basebud:~/src/quantian/source> ls usr/local/lib/R/site-library/*/CITATION
usr/local/lib/R/site-library/arrayMagic/CITATION
usr/local/lib/R/site-library/flexmix/CITATION
usr/local/lib/R/site-library/geoR/CITATION
usr/local/lib/R/site-library/globaltest/CITATION
usr/local/lib/R/site-library/limma/CITATION
edd at basebud:~/src/quantian/source> ls usr/lib/R/site-library/*/CITATION
usr/lib/R/site-library/lmtest/CITATION
usr/lib/R/site-library/strucchange/CITATION
edd at basebud:~/src/quantian/source> ls usr/lib/R/library/*/CITATION
usr/lib/R/library/MASS/CITATION   usr/lib/R/library/nnet/CITATION
usr/lib/R/library/base/CITATION   usr/lib/R/library/spatial/CITATION
usr/lib/R/library/class/CITATION
edd at basebud:~/src/quantian/source>

Hth, Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers