[R] R-etiquette

Romain François francoisromain at free.fr
Sun Jan 9 18:07:57 CET 2005

hello,

package MASS has one that looks just like that :

citHeader("To cite the VR bundle (MASS, class, nnet, spatial) in
publications use:")

citEntry(entry="Book",
         title = "Modern Applied Statistics with S",
         author = personList(as.person("W. N. Venables"),
                             as.person("B. D. Ripley")),
	 publisher = "Springer",
         edition = "Fourth",
         address      = "New York",
         year         = 2002,
         note         = "ISBN 0-387-95457-0",
         url          = "http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/MASS4",

         textVersion =
         paste("Venables, W. N. & Ripley, B. D. (2002)",
               "Modern Applied Statistics with S.",
               "Fourth Edition. Springer, New York. ISBN 0-387-95457-0")
)

or package base :

citHeader("To cite R in publications use:")

citEntry(entry="Manual",
         title = "R: A language and environment for statistical computing",
         author = person(last="R Development Core Team"),
         organization = "R Foundation for Statistical Computing",
         address      = "Vienna, Austria",
         year         = version$year,
         note         = "{ISBN} 3-900051-07-0",
         url          = "http://www.R-project.org",

         textVersion =
         paste("R Development Core Team (", version$year, "). ",
               "R: A language and environment for statistical computing. ",
               "R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ",
               "ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org.",
               sep="")
         )

citFooter("We have invested a lot of time and effort in creating R,",
          "please cite it when using it for data analysis.",
	  "See also", sQuote("citation(\"pkgname\")"),
	  "for citing R packages.")

That's all I found. Hope this helps.

Romain.

Romain FRANCOIS : francoisromain at free.fr
page web : http://addictedtor.free.fr/  (en construction)
06 18 39 14 69 / 01 46 80 65 60
Etudiant en 3eme année
Institut de Statistique de l'Université de Paris (ISUP)
Filière Industrie et Services
http://www.isup.cicrp.jussieu.fr/