[R] R-etiquette

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sun Jan 9 17:26:05 CET 2005

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley <at> stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

:
: On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Anne wrote:
:
: > I'm about to present a report (for internal use of governmental agency).
: > I used extensively R , contibuted packages, as well as communications on
: > the R-list
: >
: > As well as citing R, I would like to know how to cite the contributed
: > packages (it is not so easy, as some have been used exensively, other
: > marginally, some are called from another package and some were not used
: > as softwares but gave me insight of how to proceed), as well as thank
: > the persons who generously responded to my demands on the list...
: >
: > Is there an established way of doing that?
:
: See the citation() function, which works for packages too and a few
: authors have taken advantage of the means of customizing it.
:

Could someone point out a few packages that have a CITATION file
to use as examples.  In a search I did I only found one.