[R] importing minitab datasets

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Feb 11 08:32:46 CET 2005

Hi Peter

On 11 Feb 2005 at 1:06, Peter Jaffe wrote:

> I'm having trouble using the read.mtp function in the foreign package
> to import datasets from minitab (.mtw) format. Specifically, each file
> I try to import fails to load any data beyond a header row stating the
> version of Minitab that saved the dataset. I get this error:
>
> incomplete final line found by readtableHeader on 'income.mtw'
>
> The dataset appears to be complete (ie, using the scan() function I
> can view the contents, and the file does not end after the header, but
> the formatting characters make it impossible to guess what the raw
> data elements are). I got the same result trying to read minitab files
> from two different sources. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did not do the transfer yet but quick look into help page:

file:

character variable with the name of the file to read. The file must
be in Minitab Portable Worksheet format.

so first you need to save a minitab file in correct format. If you
did it it would work as expected -> it will give you a list.

Cheers
Petr