[R] Show graph integrated to GUI

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Dec 29 20:30:33 CET 2005

"Michael H. Prager" <Mike.Prager at noaa.gov> writes:

> I'm seeking suggestions for a book on Tcl/Tk, as it can be used with R.
> The book I bought for the purpose ("Effective Tcl/Tk Programming") seems
> quite unsuitable. For example, it has no description of anything like
> the slider control provided by tkscale().
>
> I have located the Tcl and Tk documentation provided with the R
> distribution. That has plenty of detail. Now I would like something with
> more of an overview, including numerous examples and illustrations.

The one book on the subject that I have and like (out of a total of
two...) is Welch's "Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk". I have the
3rd ed., the 4th ed is said to be even better (ISBN: 0130385603).
There are others though; you could do worse than consulting
wiki.tcl.tk/57 and the newsgroup comp.lang.tcl and archives of same.