[R] [Fwd: Re: R on Mandriva 2006]

Christophe Pouzat christophe.pouzat at univ-paris5.fr
Wed Dec 28 18:16:12 CET 2005

Hi Ioannis and Paolo,

As Ioannis recommends getting the last R source (R-2.2.1) is better and
does not require much effort.
If you want the compilation to go smoothly on Mandriva 2006 you should
first use drakconf to download and install:

gfortran
readline
blas

which are not installed by default by the powerpack (or free) distribution.

Then follow the basic Unix/Linux intructions (to compile from sources)
on the R Installation and Administration Manual (ie, "tar -xvzf
R-2.2.1.tar.gz", "cd R-2.2.1", "./configure", "make", "make check",
"make install").

Mandriva 2006 uses gcc-4.0.1, etc. On my machine (Intel PIV) all the
tests went fine.

Christophe.

Ioannis Dimakos a Ã©crit :