[R] [Fwd: Re: R on Mandriva 2006]

Ioannis Dimakos idimakos at upatras.gr
Wed Dec 28 10:26:45 CET 2005

Apologies for the empty post that went to the list...

On Τετ, Δεκέμβριος 28, 2005 9:11, Paolo Bulla wrote:
> Hello anyone,
> I'm trying to install R on Mandriva 2006 distribution via rpm file with the
> line
> urpmi R-2.0.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is an older rpm that Michele Alzeta contributed for Mandrake 10.0
(and that was a long time ago, before Mandrakesoft merged with Connectiva
to become Mandriva).  And it is for R-2.0.0

In my experience with Mandrake distros, I have found it is easy to
download the most recent sources and compile your own version of R.

> I also tried with a source code in R-2.1.1.tar but I think that there is

Unless you have a typo, this is also an older version of R.  Get the newer
sources and recompile.  I don't know if Michele is still active in
maintaining R for Mandrake.  But he has a site for R and Mandrake in
italian and this may provide some first clues.

HTH,

Ioannis
--
Ioannis C. Dimakos, Ph.D.