[R] Set R 2.1.1. in English

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Thu Aug 18 19:19:09 CEST 2005

> (whish R
> 2.1.1 could be parametrise 'English' even with a French Windows XP!!!!)
>
> If I understand you correctly, it can.  Just add LANGUAGE=en to the
> shortcut.

Wonderful hope but not sure to catch what you term "shortcut". I tried
to add this command in C:\R\rw2011\etc\Rprofile, the .Rprofile in the
folder my documents, but this cannot be understood from there...  which
obviously shows that "shortcut" is not a general term for profiles! I
have also unsuccessfully looked for a file "shortcut" in the rw2011
folder. I also tried and went through the R-help archive. There were
some exchanges on this subject and Asian languages some weeks ago but
what I have tried and adapt on this basis did not work.

The objective would be to have R in  English (thus additionnally
allowing MDI mode with R-WinEdt, which is not the case with any other
language) and to keep Windows XP and other applications in the foreign
(= French, here) language.

Thanks for any further hint,

Patrick Giraudoux