[R] computationally singular

Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen kjetil at acelerate.com
Thu Aug 11 03:06:28 CEST 2005

Weiwei Shi wrote:

>I think the problem might be caused two variables are very correlated.
>Should I check the cov matrix and try to delete some?
>But i am just not quite sure of your reply. Could you detail it with some steps?
>
>thanks,

Why not do principal component analysis? To identify the zero variance
linear combination(s) look at the nzero eigenvalues.  Also, it *might*
make sense
to calculate a " mahalanobis" distance replacing the matrix inverse with a
pseudoinverse.

Kjetil

--

Kjetil Halvorsen.

Peace is the most effective weapon of mass construction.
               --  Mahdi Elmandjra

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.