[R] breaking command in command line in R for Mac Aqua

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Aug 3 13:41:19 CEST 2005

Adaikalavan Ramasamy <ramasamy at cancer.org.uk> writes:

> Why not use an editor ?
>
> I would highly recommend Emacs in combination with Emacs Speaks
> Statistics (ESS). Section 2.1 of [1] might help with the installation.
>
> Otherwise you can try JGR [2] or others [3]. There is a R special
> interest group for MAC users [4] that you can try.
>
> [1] http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/packages/html/ess_2.html
> [2] http://stats.math.uni-augsburg.de/JGR/index.shtml
> [3] http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/projects/Editors.html
>
> Regards, Adai

Neither of those prevent you from sending incomplete lines do they?

In a tight spot, you can alway just generate a syntax error. The thing
is that you will typically have forgotten how to do that reliably.
Entering

 $$

or

 a b

is a good guess. The main exception is that you could be in the middle
of a text string, in which case you need a terminating quote first.

        -p

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B