[R] installing R-2.1.0 from source on Fedora Core 3 with tclt k

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 26 15:05:00 CEST 2005

I was able to compile R-2.0.0 successfully on another fc3
computer, theoretically identical to the first three.  I'm sorry
for starting this thread.

It does seem that I had a problem that resulted from having only
tk and tcl, but not tk-devel and tcl-devel.  Perhaps after I
installed these I forgot to log out and log in again, so they
weren't found.

When I did it successfully, I installed the devel versions first,
then logged in as root and did everything as root.  (Initially I
had done only the very last step - make install - as root.)
Probably this doesn't matter either.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron