[R] [R-pkgs] Biodem 0.1/orphaning of MAlmig

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 24 19:55:49 CEST 2005

On 24 April 2005 at 15:14, Federico Calboli wrote:
[...]
| Finally, Biodem has been build on a Debian Linux box and is therefore
| not yet available for Windows/OS X; Biodem was built with R 2.0.1
| because I am using Debian 'testing' and the new R 2.1.0 is not yet
| available for 'testing'. I will upload Biodem 0.2 as soon as I can build
| it with R 2.1.

Actually, most of the time the dependency structure between Debian unstable
and testing is such that the packages from unstable can be installed
"straight through" into testing. Look at the apt-get HOWTO for the details on
pinning which allows you to selectively pull in some package via the comfort
of apt-get.

Debian packages of R 2.1.0 do work on testing; my machines fetched the
uploaded packages directly from my local build repository.  Since then,
however, unstable got a new libc and four Debian package of CRAN packages
(Design, Hmisc, tseries and a Debian update to VR) to not yet fit onto
testing for that reason.

Hope this helps,  Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers