[R] (no subject)

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Sun Sep 26 22:41:00 CEST 2004

which tells you to
 a) use a meaningful subject line
 b) give a reproducible example. I cannot find plotData and there is a
syntax error (comma after the xyplot line).

2) The following example works fine for me

for(i in 1:20){
  sF<-paste("fig",i,".jpeg",sep="")
  jpeg(file=sF,width=600,height=500,quality=100,pointsize=12)
  plot( rnorm(100) )
  graphics.off()
}

3) Try replacing graphics.off() with dev.off(). From
help("graphics.off") :

     'dev.off' shuts down the specified (by default the current)
     device. 'graphics.off()' shuts down all open graphics devices.

4) If you use postscript or pdf, you can have multiple graphs in one
document. E.g.

postscript(file="aaa.ps")
for(i in 1:20){
  plot( rnorm(100) )