[R] manual recreation of varConstPower using new fixed effects variables in nlme

JJ josh8912 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 21:21:00 CEST 2004

Thanks much, Dr. Bates.  That helps.  Would you have
any comment on the other part of my other question
regarding the manual recreation of varConstPower
function using new fixed effects?  Im guessing I
obtain a singularity error because the additional
fixed effects may not alter the return value of my
function, fx.  The goal of attempting new variance
equations is to obtain in the end a variance function
that is of the form:

(d1 + (covariant)^d2)^2 + U,

where U is a random effect.

Thanks again.  John