[R] R-1.9.1 compiling problem

lu kan luk111111 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 15:45:10 CEST 2004

I downloaded R-1.9.1.tgz, and tried to install it on
debian linux machine according to the installation
commands
./configure
make

but I got the following error message. Could you
please advise me what is the reason for this.

_____________

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/m4'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `R'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/m4'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/tools'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `R'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/tools'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/afm'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/afm'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc/html'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc/html/search'
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc/html/search'
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc/html'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc/manual'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `R'.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc/manual'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/doc'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/etc'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `R'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/etc'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/share'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/share'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/src'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/src/scripts'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home1/lu/usr/tmp1/R-1.9.1/src/scripts'

    The current directory must be set to the RSI
directory.
    Change the default to the RSI directory and re-run
    this script.