[R] reading Systat into R

Jacob Wegelin jawegelin at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 8 21:28:52 CEST 2004

Thanks to Jonathan and Marc for your swift replies.  Here is how I solved
the problem:

I downloaded a 30 day trial version of systat from
http://www.clecom.co.uk/science/systat/systat_download.html, installed it
on my PC, opened the file in Systat, then used File, Save As and saved it
in every imaginable format: Excel, ascii, SPSS, and SAS.

The SPSS *.SAV file, when I opened it, proved not to have any data in it.
It only contained the "variable view" not the "data view."  But the Excel
file appears to contain the data.

Jake Wegelin