[R] update.packages() with R 2.0.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 7 09:20:21 CEST 2004

Joseph J. Gazaille wrote:

> Good day to all of you and thank you for reading this.
>
> I certainly must have done something awfully wrong
> when I downloaded and installed R 2.0.0 on a PC
> with Windows 98.
>
> You will find below what happens when  I try to 'update.packages()'.

Beside other things that might have gone wrong:
update.packages() is not sufficient after upgrading to R-2.0.0.
You have to reinstall into a clean library, because packages some
packages have still the same version, but needed to be recompiled for
R-2.0.0. Please install all the stuff from scratch.

Uwe Ligges