[R] R 2.0.0 is released

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Oct 5 21:52:22 CEST 2004

On 04 Oct 2004 17:29:39 +0200, Peter Dalgaard

>I've rolled up R-2.0.0.tar.gz a short while ago. This is a new version
>with a number of new features. See below for the details.
>
>As was the case with R 1.0.0, this new version represents a coming of
>age more than a radical change to R. We do plan to celebrate the new
>major version with press releases and such.
>
>The release will be available from
>
>http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.0.0.tar.gz
>
>or you might wait for it to be mirrored at a CRAN site nearer to you.
>Binaries for various platforms will appear in due course.

The Windows binary build is now on CRAN at

  http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base

and the mirrors, e.g. the U.S. mirror

  http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/base

A few of the links on the page are broken today, but should be fixed
tomorrow.

Duncan Murdoch