[R] R package installation

Paul Roebuck roebuck at odin.mdacc.tmc.edu
Wed Nov 17 15:17:23 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Timothy D. Johnson wrote:

> I was given an excerpt with your problem about installing package on
> a MAC, such as Hmisc.
>
> I had the same problems and found a work around.
>
> I have not had any trouble loading in source packages since, include
> Hmisc and Design, acepack and vgam.
>
> First, I downloaded and installed the g77 compiler.
>
> I use a progam named FINK to find, download and intall g77 (so first I
> installed FINK then from within FINK I downloaded/installed the
> g77 compiler.)
> [SNIP details]

Still seems like simply installing this from this link would be simpler;
FINK is unnecessary. Of course, this is already covered in the OS X FAQ
<http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RAqua-FAQ.html> although some
explanation could be added that a Fortran77 compiler might also be needed
for linking other packages.

<http://hpc.sf.net/g77v3.4-bin.tar.gz>