[R] Creating .Rout.save files for package subdirectory "tests"

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 5 12:17:57 CET 2004

    Arne> Hi, I added the "tests" subdirectory and a test file
    Arne> (say "myTest.R") to our "systemfit" package. Up to now
    Arne> I create the "myTest.Rout.save" file with
    >> R CMD BATCH --vanilla myTest.R myTest.Rout.save

that explains everything.
Why do you do so?

Instead:

1) Start with no '.Rout.save'

2) R CMD check  <pkg>
   will produce one in  <pkg>.Rcheck/tests/myTest.Rout
   Copy it to the package source, i.e. typically

   cp <pkg>.Rcheck/tests/myTest.Rout <pkg>/tests/myTest.Rout.save

3) R CMD check  <pkg>
   now *will* do the comparison and give no difference hopefully

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich