[R] How to restore and edit saved graphics?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sun May 16 17:40:37 CEST 2004

I don't think you can produce a graphic in R and then easily edit it
*in R* to change the title and so on; however, if you are using Windows you
can save the graphic as a Windows metafile (right click graphic and
save as a Windows metafile or just copy it as Windows metafile to clipboard)
and then import or paste it into Word and change
everything you want.  The titles, etc. will be accessible as separate
objects and you can easily change them and their properties. Its
remarkably easy to do.

This should actually be possible for any vector format provided you
have a vector editor for it so there are undoubtedly solutions
involving SVG and other vector formats too.

Shin, Daehyok <sdhyok <at> catchlab.org> writes:

:
: Thanks for the interesting solution.
: I am happy to find a way to save all graphic options into a file.
: There is a minor glitch.
: Is there is any way to replace title, not to overwrite it?
: And if I want to change the color of a line or the ranges of x or y axis,
: how can I do it with the restored plot?
:
: Interestingly, there is no mention about  dev.control() in the help document
: of recordPlot(). I think it should be there.
:
: Thanks again.
:
: Daehyok Shin (Peter)