[R] questions about optim

Dean Lee deanylee at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 23:45:50 CEST 2004

Hi Spencer,
Thanks for the reply.

1) When I was playing with optim before sometimes the probabilities came up
to be negative. I am not sure what I did before, but now it seems to work
correctly after I specify the lower and upper bounds on the Thetas using the
L-BFGS-B method in optim.

2) No the break points are not given. But yes, I am trying to estimate a
multinomial to a normal; sorry I wasn't being clear. What are some of the
approaches that I can try in this case? Thanks.

Regards,

-Dean