[R] geoR - help for bayesian modelling

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 14:00:17 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to do a bayesian prediction for soil pollution data above
a certain threshold, using geoR.

Everything is working fine until i am doing the krig.bayes. I tried to
do the prediction on a grid 67 by 113 cells and my computer is
freezing to death. At larger numbers of cells it tells me after a while
that it reaches the max. memory of 511 Mb. My computer has only
512 Mb of RAM. What RAM capacity should i look for to do a 150
x 250 cell grid???

If i want to do the prediction on my initial data locations (well,
actually the prediction points are shifted 1 m in X and respectively
Y direction, so the raw data coordinates don't coincide with the
prediction coordinates) i am getting the following error using the
command:

zn.bayes <- krige.bayes(zn.gdata, loc = xy, model =
model.control(cov.model = "exponential", lambda = 0), prior =
prior.control(phi.prior ="exponential", phi = 89.1894),
output=output.control(n.predictive=2, mean.var = TRUE, quantile =
c(0.025,0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 0.975), threshold = c(300)))

Error in cond.sim(env.loc = base.env, env.iter = iter.env,
loc.coincide = get("loc.coincide",  :
        chol: matrix not pos def, diag[13]= -1.279220e-018

I will really appreciate any suggestion you may have.

Thank you so much,

Monica