[R] R CMD check errors

Thomas Stabla statho3 at web.de
Mon Mar 15 18:09:45 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Thomas Stabla wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I tried to isolate the source code, which causes the error messages:
> >
> > * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
> > Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE,
verbose = FALSE) :
> >         package/namespace load failed
> > * checking for replacement functions with final arg not named 'value'
... WARNING
> > Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE,
verbose = FALSE) :
> >         package/namespace load failed
> >

> > I created a new package skeleton by calling package.skeleton(name =
> > "error") from R 1.8.1.
> >
> > I deleted the subdirectories 'data', 'src' and 'man'.
> >
> > The NAMESPACE file contains:
> >
> >   exportPattern("^[^\\.]")
>

> and lacks:
>
>     import("methods")
>
> and for sure you want as well:
>
>     exportClass("Parameter")
>

> Thus, the complete file is:
>

>     import("methods")
>     exportClass("Parameter")
>     exportPattern("^[^\\.]")

sounds logical.
BTW, I read "Writing R Extensions" in HMTL form under Windows R 1.8.1, and
it doesn't mention exportClass.
Also it doesn't describe how to use S4 classes (or package "methods") and
namepaces together.
Hence, I think it is not up to date.

> > The Error.R file in the subdirectory 'R' contains
> >
> >   x <- 1
> >   setClass("Parameter", setClass("Parameter", representation(name =
"character"))

> Well, above, you mean:
>    setClass("Parameter", representation(name = "character"))

copy & paste error, sorry

Now R CMD check distr runs smoothly, thanks for your help.

Thomas Stabla