[R] R CMD check errors

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Mar 11 18:56:13 CET 2004

Thomas Stabla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting some error messages from R CMD check I can't deal with.
> I'm working under Linux with R 1.8.1
> The package working directory can be found at:
>
> http://www.uni-bayreuth.de/departments/math/org/mathe7/DISTR/distr.tar.gz
>

> Here's the 00check.log produced by R CMD check distr
>
> * using log directory '/home/tom/studium/R/swp/swp/package/distr.Rcheck'
> * checking for file 'distr/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
> * checking if this is a source package ... OK
> * checking package directory ... OK
> * checking for portable file names ... OK
> * checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
> * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
> * checking index information ... OK
> * checking package subdirectories ... WARNING
> Subdirectory 'data' contains no data sets.
> Subdirectory 'src' contains no source files.

So, if you don't want to provide data files or C/C++/Fortran sources,
you want to delete those directories.
BTW: There's no documentation in that package ...

> * checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
> * checking R files for library.dynam ... OK
> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
> Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
>         package/namespace load failed

Your NAMESPACE file is syntactically incorrect (hint: you need to quote
in exportPattern()). Please read "Writing R extensions", and please read
the ReadMe files in all directories which have been created by
package.skeleton().

Uwe Ligges