[R] Excel files

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Mar 8 03:12:51 CET 2004

Just a minor correction and a simplification.   The header=T
is missing from read.table and as.is=1:2 could be added to
avoid having to use as.character in chron.  Also in your data
(but not in Grace's) the default chron format is used so the
format specifier can be omitted:

require(chron)
x <- read.table("clipboard", header=T, as.is=1:2)
timedate <- chron( x$date, x$time )
plot( x$Value~timedate, pch=as.numeric(x$Sex) )

---