[R] "Statistiques avec R"

Frank E Harrell Jr feh3k at spamcop.net
Fri Mar 5 13:52:51 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:09:19 -0000
"Simon Fear" <Simon.Fear at synequanon.com> wrote:

> [...]

Simon - This would be a nice resource for people to have in english, but I
would be a poor judge of how much of your time it would be worth.

> Maybe Shigeru Mase's point about the Japanese wiki site
> holds here too: even without being able to read the text,
> you can still read the R code and look at the pictures ...

I was thinking of using this tutorial for students and I think the
language would really get in their way.

I tried running the site through the google.com translator and the results
were not terrible.  There are some panels of text that are images that are
not translated, and some of the highlighted panels of text expand outside
of the panel upon translation.

Frank

> Anyone who wants to encourage me to look into the
> idea of a translation - or anyone who thinks they could do
> it easily and quickly - please email me, not the list.
>
> Simon Fear
---