[R] Searching a mail archive

Lennart.Borgman@astrazeneca.com Lennart.Borgman at astrazeneca.com
Thu Mar 4 09:38:32 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to search the mail archives for the R statistical software.
Unfortunately I can not use the site: - search in the Google Bar, since the
site search is grayed out for the mail archive site (starting from for
example
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2004-March/045312.html).

I have tried to get around this by using a phrase search like this:

information about the R-help mailing list"

This does not work either. I get a lot of hits that does not include the
second phrase (which seems to be a possible error in Google to me - or I am
just misunderstanding something).

I have two questions:

1) Why is site search grayed out on the site above?

2) Can I make the phrase search work so that I only get hits in the mail
archive?

Kind Regards,
Lennart