[R] Automatic routine - help

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 11:07:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would like to write a little automatic routine in R, but i am a too
much of a beginner for that. I will appreciate any help regarding this
particular problem.

Let’s suppose I have a data.frame with j columns (from 1 to n) and i
rows (from 1 to p). I would like to write a procedure which reads
every column j (j from 1 to n) and compare each value with the
interval [0,1]. If z(i,j) is less than 0, then replace z(i,j) with 0. If z(i,j)
is greater than 1, then replace z(i,j) with 1. If z(i,j) is inside the
interval [0,1] then don’t change. In the end I would like to have a
new data.frame with the new values.

I am not sure how complicated or long such a procedure might be,
so I will be very grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance,

Monica