[R] Novice question: Smooth interpolation of survival curve

Mark Nye mark3ve at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:09:26 CEST 2004

Greetings,
How might one go about generating a smooth interpolation of a survival curve
generated by the survfit function in the survival package? I am able to
package my variables by standard methods

>x<-(survfit(Surv(time),data)

and plot the "step" curve, but would like to obtain a smooth estimation
curve for the purpose of approximating survival time between steps on the
survival curve. Is there a function in the survival package to perform this
task? I have looked into other standard smoothing methods, but it seems to
me that the survfit function doesn't allow for the packaging of data into
separate vectors, such as would be required by approxfun et al.

Many thanks,
Mark