[R] Another NEWBIE

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jun 21 00:20:30 CEST 2004

Dear Frank,

First, thank you for your kind remarks about the Rcmdr package.

Please note that the Rcmdr package is meant to be a basic statistics GUI for
R, to be used, for example, in an introductory statistics course. It covers
only a very small fraction of what's available in R.

Almost all of the statistical capabilities of the Rcmdr package are from
other packages. In particular, since you mention it, the factor-analysis
dialog simply calls the factanal() function in the stats package, which is
part of the standard R distribution. See ?factanal (or press the Help button
in the Rcmdr factor-analysis dialog) for details. As well, you can take a
look at the R commands that the Rcmdr generates.

Regards,
 John