[R] Barplots and error indicators: Some R-Code

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Fri Jun 18 18:32:18 CEST 2004

Dear all,

	it might be a bit off-topic but can anyone suggest some online
material concerning good graph / bad graph examples?
	I imagine something like:
	a) These are the data and this is the main feature of the data which
should be represented.
	b) This is a bad idea how to represent a)
	c) This is a good idea how to represent a)

	I know there are excellent books by Cleveland and also by Tufte
("The Elements of Graphing Data", "The Visual Display of Quantitative
Information", "The cognitive style of PowerPoint", ...) but it would be
sometimes just more convenient to refer to some online material.

	Maybe even some online material about the problems of barplots with
error bars?

	Thank you very much,
	Roland

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}