[R] printing R generated postcript files

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 16 21:23:03 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:08:32PM -0700, Alex Nu wrote:

>  Whenever I print R generated postcript files,
>  the right part is being chopped.
>
>  The file looks ok, if I see the file with
>  ghostview or other ps viewers.
>
>  I wonder if someone had a problem like that
>  before.
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Alex
>
>  P.S. I'm using R-1.9.0 on debian

That may be related. I only recently set R_PAPERSIZE to be driven from
Debian's global paperconf setting which is supposed result in
/etc/R/Renviron having

## edd Apr 2004:  use Debian's paperconf settings, with thanks to Matej Cepl
R_PAPERSIZE=${R_PAPERSIZE-$(cat /etc/papersize)}

yet I just noticed that my own installation doesn't have that. And yes,
looks like a build-time patch failed. bNeed to check that ...

Anyway, see of correcting R_PAPERSIZE to what you really use (letter,
maybe?) helps...

Dirk

--
FEATURE:  VW Beetle license plate in California