[R] X11 device problem on linux: 100% cpu usage

David Whiting dave_lists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 13:52:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using R 1.9.1 (patched, 5th July) on linux
(Mandrake 9.2) and am having a problem with the X11()
device. Trying to plot(1:10) results in my CPU going
to 100% and I have to terminate the process. Using
postscript() with the same plot is fine. Everything
else on my system seems to work fine. I have googled
the R site for X11 and (problem OR error OR cpu) and
have not seen anything that is recent or looks
relevent, so I think this is a problem I have created
myself.

I'm not sure where to start with identifying the
cause. Can someone suggest some things that I should
look at?

Thanks.

Dave.