[R] RMySQL for R1.8.1 on Windows

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jan 30 08:58:54 CET 2004

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> Where is the problem?  It installs from the sources under Windows too, and
> even comes with notes for Windows.
>
> Please consult the rw-FAQ for how to install packages.
>
> We have provided binary builds in the past (and David James may still do
> so),

Let me add that http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.8/ReadMe
tells us:

"Although the packages
   RMySQL, ROracle, and snow
pass make check, it seems to be dangerous to distribute them:
I do not have the software available these packages depend on.
RMySQL is available at http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download,
provided by its maintainer, David A. James."

Uwe Ligges