[R]Running R remotely in Windows Environment?

Jim Porzak JGPorzak at loyaltymatrix.com
Thu Jan 29 01:35:23 CET 2004

We are considering setting up a fast, RAM loaded machine as an "R-server"
to handle the big problems not suitable for individual desktops and, also,
to process ad hoc analysis requests via our portal. We are 99% a Windows
shop, so first choice is a windows server. We'll use (D)COM for the portal
interface and understand that.

What has me stumped is how to easily interface individual analyst's Windows
desktops to the R-server. I haven't seen anything in the archives, but I
can't imagine this hasn't been done. What am I missing?

TIA!

Jim Porzak
Director of Analytics
Loyalty Matrix, Inc.