[R] locale problem in W98

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Jan 9 08:04:06 CET 2004

Hallo

On 7 Jan 2004 at 17:32, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> What happens if you
>
> 1) source() a file containing those characters.
it was the same

> 2) Use Rterm?
did not try it

> 3) Change the fonts both for the console and for graphics.  Is this
> the same for all fonts?

I tried and now it is ok. It helped to change Courier New to
Courier and to add CE to some font declaration as Times New
Roman CE.

BTW I tried help.search("font") and went through Rsite search
but nothing pointed me to correct solution (Rdevga, Rconsole).
Adding "For some locale font problems see also Rdevga,
Rconsole" would be great let say in Hershey font page.

Thank you again for pointing me to right direction.