[R] segments in 3d space

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jan 8 08:45:13 CET 2004

Adrian Dusa wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Is it possible to draw line segments in a 3d space plot?
>
> I'm interested to draw the errors from an observed value to the
> regression plane, for a textbook example in an Intro Stats handbook for
> multiple regression.
>
> I used the scatterplot3d package to draw the regression plane.

An example on how to draw segments for residuals on a regression plane
with scatterplot3d is shown in Section 4.2.2 (pp. 20-22) of

Ligges, U. and Mächler, M. (2002): Scatterplot3d - an R Package for
Visualizing Multivariate Data. Technical Report 22/2002. SFB 475,
Department of Statistics, University of Dortmund, Germany.
http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/sfb475/berichte/tr22-02.pdf

Uwe Ligges